Since 1976 Trilby’s BBQ Sauce has been a favorite throughout the Pacific Northwest! Whether barbecuing outdoors on an open grill or cooking indoors in the oven, you will find that “Trilby’s is the Best!”
Our line of seasonings are perfect for dry rubbing meat prior to cooking or as general purpose seasonings for soups, sauces and entrees. Low in sodium and sugar, MSG and gluten free!
- Trilby’s Mild BBQ Sauce – In the Kansas City tradition, this sauce is sweet and smoky with a little pepper to the finish. Its apricot/pineapple base give it a nice bright and tangy flavor. The perfect grilling sauce for beef, pork and seafood. Try this in meatloaf! Use your favorite meatloaf recipe, but instead of basting the top of the loaf with ketchup, try using Trilby’s instead. It’s the best on your meatloaf sandwich the next day too!
- Trilby’s Spicy BBQ Sauce – “The 2nd Best BBQ Sauce on the Planet!” We are proud to say that this sauce took 2nd place at the World Series of BBQ in Kansas City on our first time out 2014. A zesty version of the original for those who prefer a little kick. How spicy is it? It has a lotta flavor, but not a lotta burn. Our favorite grilling sauce for ribs and we can’t eat a burger with out it. Use this sauce in place of pizza sauce the next time you make your BBQ chicken pizza. You will not be disappointed!
- Trilby’s Mild Marionberry BBQ Sauce – It’s a Northwest twist on our original recipe. Marionberry blackberries from Oregon add a nice round complexity to the flavor of this sauce. Especially great with pork & salmon. Try this for a smoked sausage appetizer. Slice smoked sausage at an angle and heat the sausage and Trilby’s BBQ Sauce in a pan till cooked. Serve with toothpicks.
- Trilby’s Chipotle Marionberry BBQ Sauce – Our newest and spiciest offering, the marionberries give it a sweet, rich flavor and the chipotle gives it a nice warm finish. How spicy is it? It has a lotta flavor and a little bitta burn. Introduced in the summer of 2012, this flavor has become a fast favorite and was the best seller for 2013. Try this on a Brie cheese appetizer! Next time you serve a wheel of heated Brie, try placing the Brie on a bed of this sauce and drizzling a little over the top. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Trilby’s Mild BBQ Rub – This was Trilby’s original foray into the seasoning ring. Its mild, savory flavors are strong enough to stand up to beef, but won’t overwhelm your pork or chicken. It starts with the spices that we use in our sauces, so its very complimentary if you want to use it in combination with any of our BBQ sauces. Try as seasoning in soup or stews.
- Trilby’s Spicy BBQ Rub – It quickly became clear that we were going to need something spicier for those who like a kick. If that’s you, then this is the one you have been looking for! Chipotle, cayenne and ground New Mexico chilies add to the heat. Our favorite for ribs, brisket and pork roast. Try it on your popcorn, fried potatoes or in chili.
- Trilby’s Salt & Sugar Free BBQ Rub – A great way to get flavor into your food without added sugar or sodium. Our most versatile rub, it has more herb flavors than our other BBQ blends. Its medium heat gives it enough spice to make it interesting, but its not too hot for the kids. Sprinkle over rice, potatoes or veggies to add flavor without salt!
- Trilby’s ‘The Sizzle’ Steak & Chop Rub – We don’t sell the steak, we just sell the sizzle! This classic Canadian style blend with coriander and thyme is for the perfect steak, chops or burgers. Also a great choice for prime rib. Try it on game meat.
- Trilby’s Fin & Feather Rub – We created it for salmon, but it turns out it’s great for poultry and veggies too! We also use it to make vinaigrette & ranch dressings. Try in seafood pasta or in the dredge for fried chicken. (Formerly known as Lemon Pepper – same great recipe, just a new name).
- Trilby’s Salish ‘Sea’soning Salt – An all purpose seasoning, perfect for the bounty that we find in and around the Salish Sea. Replace your table salt with this exciting blend of flavors. All you need for camping, the boat or the cabin. Great for garlic bread and croutons!
- Trilby’s Jittery Jerk Rub – Caribbean Jerk with a Northwest Flair. Wait ‘til you taste what a little ground espresso does for a jerk rub! The Caribbean flavors and allspice blend with the coffee to create a dark & savory flavor with a medium heat. WOW! Mix with a little olive oil and orange juice for a great chicken marinade.
- Trilby’s Heavenly Hatch – Roasted green chilies from Hatch, New Mexico blended with herbs & spices to create a classic SW flavor that enhances meats and perfects Mexican dishes. Try a green chili stew with leftover roast, or for taco meat with a can of diced green chilies. Great on popcorn and corn on the cob!
- Trilby’s Mediterranean Medley – This salt & sugar free blend combines flavors that are common all throughout the Mediterranean and lends itself equally well to Italian & Greek recipes. An herb lover’s delight! Try it in your next batch of spaghetti or on lemon chicken.
- Trilby’s Garlic Garden – If you are a garlic lover, this low sodium blend will quickly become your favorite all purpose meat rub and seasoning. It makes the best fried chicken and we love it on salmon too!